The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R EK9 and EP3
By v-tech-init
Hi could someone tell me if a broken or disconnected ground wire from my battery result in my battery going flat. If I jump start the car it will start and drive if I charge the battery in the house it will start and drive but after driveing the battery is dead there is no battery light on when driveing I've found a broken ground wire could this be my problem ?
By 15repyt
Could be your problem, obviously the earth should be earthed or your battery could just be knackered.

Have you got a volt meter to see if your alternator is charging fully?
By v-tech-init
Thanks for your reply iv had a look and found the ground wire that comes from the battery has 2 wires one connects to the body just beside the battery but the long wire that goes down to the engine has been cut this was done when someone had broken into my car why they cut this wire I don't know ? Anyway I can't find were this connects to the engine if you could point me in the right direction I will run a new wire or could I ground this to another point on the engine ?
By 15repyt
I will have a look and see If I can see where it goes.

Added in 9 minutes 15 seconds:
One goes directly to the body the short one as you said the other, it's hard to explain it goes just under the gear selector. A metal bracket that points forward to the radiator it bolts directly to that on mine.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]