The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R EK9 and EP3
By TomAshby
Recently purchased myself a 54 EP3 and I am looking at doing a full service. For peace of mind, I want to do a full service with a fluid change.

I would like to buy all the items from one place and I think that the Tegiwa site has most of the stuff I need.
  • FUCHS TITAN RACE PRO S 5W40 OIL 5L
  • JDM HONDA HAMP OIL FILTER SYNERGY SHORTIE
  • NGK LASER IRIDIUM SPARK PLUGS HONDA K-SERIES F-SERIES IFR7G-11KS
  • MOTUL RBF 600 RACING BRAKE FLUID 0.5L 500ML x 4
  • MOTUL GEARBOX 80W90 TECHNOSYNTHESE GEAR OIL 1 LITRE x 2
Does anyone have any suggestions on better quality items to use or a better place to buy all the stuff from?

I am particularly interested in the engine oil, Honda recommend Castrol 0W-40, but I have heard that the Titan Race Pro S is better?
By Stamford78
Most, including myself go for a 5w40 (seems to need less regular top ups) which any brand will suffice. I'm currently running Petronas as that is what TGM are using.
Just go for Honda MTF-3 gearbox oil and a OEM filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By CTR247
May want to also consider changing the fuel filter depending on service history. Tegiwa also offer this item (genuine honda part), referring to the filter that goes into the tank

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]