The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R EK9 and EP3
By louismetcalfe
So recently swapped my Subaru Impreza WRX blob for an EP3, Subaru had some light mods mainly cosmetic stuff but really wasn't doing it for me, it was fast as hell in all weathers but really just wasn't exciting enough for me anyway.

So I've got a facelift 04 in cosmic grey with 94k on the clock, with some rather 'Gary' modifications to the exterior, some I like some I do not. The carbon wing mirrors and the chipped and faded bonnet vents as well as the mugen power stickers plastered inside and out were not doing it for me. However the nice wing and lip with the wind deflectors tickled my fancy.

It has two small dents on the A pillar too which is the main thing that is really wrong with the car. Mechanically it's had the usual TDI north package with RBC inlet, 421 manifold, buddy club cat back, huge K&N typhoon filter and a k100 with vtec coming in at 4.5 and going all the way to 9k.

Suspension wise it has spax coilovers, beaks lower tie bar, m2 rear camber kit and some pilot sport 3s on the front on a 225 tyre on some nasty alloys which will be black soon hopefully..

So far I love the car and apart from a DC5 box it probably won't get modified too much, my goal is to clean the car up really as it's had a bit of a hard life with the last owner I think!

First job was to clean up the inside a bit as one of the type R door sills had fallen off, a nasty mugen plaque had been stuck to the dashboard and the seats needed a very good clean. (Pics to follow)

Then I decided the air vents on the front needed touching up as they couldn't be removed without two gaping holes in the bonnet remaining afterwards. I simply gave them a little rub down and just primered, gloss'd and laquered over them! Looks a fair bit better and removed a couple of nasty stickers at the same time!

After that the car got a really good clean and is looking half decent now, wheels definitely need a good refurb though!

If anybody had some advice for anything please let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Added in 1 minute 41 seconds:
After a full polish..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]