The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R EK9 and EP3
By Jktaylor87
Hi guys,

Thought I'd introduce myself and my new toy.
Had her since New Year's Eve. She's an older lady and done 108k but drives perfectly as you'd expect.
I've wanted one for about 13 years since an exgirlfriends brother took me out in his. She is on a limited mileage policy (2k) so have to pick and choose what I do and where I go. My initial plan was to make this into a track car. Ultimately that will be the end point, but as times are hard, I think I will be keeping everything stock untill something breaks or needs replacing.
First job will be some Cobra Monaco sport GT seats as the standard ones aren't brilliant in my opinion.
My first ever track day is booked for 23rd Feburary at Oulton Park, I've noticed a couple of CTRs are on the list for it. Anybody from here?
Also booked my tickets for JapFest later in the year so will be good to put some faces to usernames.
Anyway, it's time to warm up after a morning of washing, polishing and waxing!

Jon
By shaRRpy
Nice seats, I bet your proper excited.i remember my 1st track day and that was at the Nurburgring, it was a mixture of fear and excitement. I love oulton it's a great track,just take it really steady and slowly build up through the day and you'll be fine.dont try and be a hero because there are a couple of bends that can catch you out.all the best. :D
By Jktaylor87
Well it was a fantastic day on Tuesday. Really enjoyed it. The car handled great, but I was driving home with metal on metal at the end of the day. Completely wore out the standard pads and nicely scored the disks.
So after a set of Ferodos, braided hoses and new disks, I'll be ready for round two! ImageImage
By Jktaylor87
Not updated in a while so here goes!

Main priority for 2016 was brake upgrades. So simple things done:
Motil RBF600 fluid
MTEC dimpled and grooved disks
Ferodo DS2500 pads
Braided steel hoses
Red paint to callipers

Wow! What a difference. The car is so so much better on track. Later braking and longer stints makes the day so much more fun. Managed to turn the new shiny red callipers black after setting the pads on fire during the running in procedure though.

Engine wise I've done:
Tegiwa intake
Tegiwa catback
Tegiwa torque damper
Tegiwa front strut brace
Tegiwa short shift.

As you can see above I'd originally stripped everything out of the back, but after a year of this I've decided to put it back in minus the rear seats. The noise was just too much of a hassle when I wasn't on track and was ruining my enjoyment on the open road a little bit.
I also had the underside fully (and I MEAN fully) waxoyled. Man there's tons of it under there. So no rust for me!

I've enjoyed a lovely drive around the EVO triangle this year but rather stupidly went on a sunny summers Sunday. There were more police about that an Man U vs City game and a big cycle event so I had to settle for enjoying the view more than anything else.

As the second year of ownership starts my plans are:
K100 and TDi North map (15 minutes away from me)
Eibach springs
New rubber (Federal RSR)
Baffled sump
Lots more track days.

I've ordered a Mk3 Focus RS so have to hold back the spending on the EP3 for now. But I love it beyond words and can't wait until the first track day of the new year!

ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]