The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R EK9 and EP3
By _Nero_
How could you tell if a pre-facelift car had had all of the cosmetic components from a facelift model added? Especially if the registration number was on the cusp of the change from pFL to FL (2003/ 2004)?

Is a chassis number the only way to *simply* identify the difference?

Thanks.
By openside
Is the road noise that much of an issue?? I used to have a Skoda occy 2 and had to get rid due to the road noise. Ive got a budget of 6k, hopefully that should get me a 04 plate under 80k miles?? However if the roadnoise is that bad dont think i'll bother as it really annoyed me before. Anybody with views or opinions much appreciated.
By sc0ott
Probably been mentioned but when or after it rains and if you have your window down the build up of water on the roof and in the gutters pours through the gap and runs down your door card.
After it drys it leaves dirty marks.
By bennn
putting people off buying an EP3. The list of common faults is the smallest i've ever seen for a car like this. They're all at least 7 years old now and quite a few have had a hard life. If you want something MORE reliable then you will have to pay more money and buy something newer.
By Bobrob
Very good thread for when I purchased my car last week, love driving it very happy and a lot better than my ek3 (standard) [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By Revell3r
I'm off to test drive a Facelift EP3 on Friday - all looks good on paper and pictures. Spoke to the gent who owns it and seemed very pleasant and talked me through the civic.

Finger's crossed! Been looking for a model like this close to me!

Thank you for all the posts that are here, I'm sure they will help when I go to look at it!
By spy
I am getting a little confused about EP3 pre and post facelift cars.

Are there any comparative photos I can look at that show the differences in the bumper and lights ?
By Donkey Spadger
This has been brilliant to me and I already own my Type R.

[smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By Tony7
I bought a Type R GT version on a 2010 plate 33k miles on the clock for £9100 from a trader. 12 months MOT, 2 months road tax, 3 months warranty with a 3rd party forgot the company name. I just had it serviced today from Honda dealer which cost me £240.
I need new brake disc and pads, was quoted £280 as they are 80% worn.
By jp04jay
ive got an ep3 05 plate ive had it 3 years next month and its by far the best car ever had so reliable still awaiting my first problem with apart from the usual new tyres brakes bulbs and that i would defiantly recommend one of these
and that VETECH
:-D :-D

u get it serviced and looked after its trouble free driving

brilliant sexy car

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]