The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Fancy yourself as a pundit? Post your thoughts here!
By NyseriA
smartie wrote:Can spin it however you want. Many fans gave Chelsea and city stick for "buying" success and that's exactly the same as what you have just done(though remains to be seen if success will follow).
That's mostly because football fans are idiots.

There is a difference in the way in which United acquire and spend wealth compared to both Chelsea and United, but when all is said and done, it doesn't really matter.
By EvoStu
Several news outlets picking up that Dani Alves has agreed to join United on a free transfer next season.
By Mad-Dog
EvoStu wrote:Several news outlets picking up that Dani Alves has agreed to join United on a free transfer next season.
Concern is his best days are behind him, although he should give rafael a run for his place
By EvoStu
Mad-Dog wrote:
EvoStu wrote:Several news outlets picking up that Dani Alves has agreed to join United on a free transfer next season.
Concern is his best days are behind him, although he should give rafael a run for his place
That would be my first concern as well. But even for a couple of years its good cover.
By Mad-Dog
EvoStu wrote:
Mad-Dog wrote:
That would be my first concern as well. But even for a couple of years its good cover.
He certainly is, plus he's still epic going forward
By khani47
I really don't like him defensively.
I soo want Rafa to cement his place but injuries are hindering his development.
No one can question Rafa's commitment to Manchester united., he plays his heart out which sometimes is a downfall because of of his over committed performances which will no doubt get better with maturity.
By TimEP3
I'm inclined to agree, nowadays, but then Rafael can never keep himself fit. However, i'm a massive Rafael fan and genuinely feel he could on to become the best in the league, so i wouldn't like Alves to come in and hold him back. That said, some competition at RB, and never again having to endure Jones, Valencia or Smalling in that position, would be very welcome.
By Stevo07
m1ke wrote:Rafael > Alves.
No, just no. Might be if he can keep fit and make some decent progress though.
By TimEP3
Sid Lowe: "Please tell me an English newspaper has not described Francois Gallardo as a "respected agent". He is neither respected, nor indeed an agent."

That's the "agent" where the quotes came from, about Alves to United being a done deal. We can write that one off, then.
By trancem
Well done Rafael :-| Played them all onside for their 2nd goal.

Good point considering we went behind twice. Blind is a tidy tidy player
By Stevo07
Thought Blind was absolutely awful other than his goal. All the technical ability in the world but nowhere near strong enough for that position. Can't see him coping with Chelsea's midfield.
By m1ke
LOL, flip right off blaming Rafa for that. Rojo and Jones fault.

You haven't a clue if you blame Rafa for that.
By TimEP3
Rafael slightly at fault for not being anywhere near in line, however the reason he started to track back was because Jones stupidly stepped up, when he was standing right beside the eventual goalscorer and there was little to no danger. Rojo should also have covered for Jones.

First time that defence has played together, so mistakes will be made. There were times last night that we played really well, and also times we played really poorly. It's a work in progress and at least we can see we're moving in a direction, as opposed to the rudderless ship last season.
By m1ke
Nah, not having it.

Watch it again, Rafael was marking his man, he read the danger of Jones pushing up and dropped, Rojo should have tracked his man.
By TimEP3
Not disagreeing, mate. Only thing i'm saying is that if they were a more experienced backline, Rafael and Rojo should/would have been aware enough to step up and play Berahino offside. The majority of the fault lies with Jones and Rojo - one shouldn't have went and one should have covered. This doesn't fit the media narrative, though, as they're all out to criticise Rafael, so that's what'll be reported.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]