The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Discuss your favourite Movie, TV Show or Music here.
By richd7
22 Jump Street - the first was okay but did enjoy this one. There were a ton of inside jokes, like Tatum's character asking if he could be transfered to the White House protecting the President and Ice Cube's character working in a "room that looks like a giant cube of ice", plus the end credits (all the way to 2121 Jump Street set in space) were brilliant. Very silly but very funny in places. Worth a watch.
By grubdip
richd7 wrote:I thought there was about 20 Friday 13th movies with only the original 80's one being any good.
Sorry, yes I wasn't clear. Friday the 13th (parts 1,2 and 3) from 1980, 1981 and 1982 respectively.
By richd7
grubdip wrote:
richd7 wrote:I thought there was about 20 Friday 13th movies with only the original 80's one being any good.
Sorry, yes I wasn't clear. Friday the 13th (parts 1,2 and 3) from 1980, 1981 and 1982 respectively.
Part 1 was Kevin Bacon's first and also has one of the best jump moments in film ever at the end. Part 2 was still fun but it also started the whole Jason thing. Part 3 was, erm, yeah okay. I enjoyed Part 4 as it had some cracking girls in it and some really nice deaths.
By VTEC77
Edge of Tomorrow. Groundhog Day meets Independence Day, a rather enjoyable film I thought [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By richd7
dutch wrote:Dawn of the dead (1978)
Best Zombie Film Ever.

November Man - former Bond Pierce Brosnan teams up with former Bond girl Olga Kurlyenko to take on typical Bond style baddies in various Bond style locations. That said, it was quite fun but nothing special. Sadly Olga doesn't get her kit off in this one but she still looks hot.
By smartie
Finally watched Edge of Tomorrow. Standard Cruise flick, not great, not terrible, completely unbelievable size zero female as the lead, standard bad Cruise acting. Very Matrix style baddies. . 6/10
By richd7
Hercules - started off feeling like standard Hollywood affair with the goog looking heros, funny side kick, vast establishing shots... basically I thought this was going to be another Scorpion King. However, once the battles started the film kicked off into some really good mindless violence and ended up being a fun watch. Despite what the trailer shows, this isn't the mythological Herc (the creatures seen in the trailer are the only ones you see, and they appear only in the opening scenes), more the take on him being a real man, just really strong. Yep worth a watch if swords and sandals and huge fight scenes are your thing.

Have to say though that I'm glad I saw the uncut version (not the cinema one) and it also pains me to say I liked a Brett Ratner film, yikes! I do also think that movies seem to be dumbing down when there's TV series out there like Game of Thrones, Walking Dead and Breaking Bad that treat the audience with more respect and aren't afraid to show everything.
By richd7
Deliver Us From (these never ending predictable jump scare wash, rinse, repeat horror films) Evil. A few seconds in and the regular "based on a true story" flicked up and that's where I lost interest. Why can't Hollywood just make scary films that don't rely on being based on a true story - is it some thinking that by doing that it will make more people watch it or be more scared. Do they think everyone is that stupid to believe any of these films are in any way based on truth.

Anyway, usual affair with the same tired silence then sudden loud music which is used to bring the "horror" into a rather bland story. Also ticks the boxes by having child alone is room far too dark for any child to sleep in and toys that no child would own. Haven't these kids seen the clown in Poltergeist? Can't really remember what was really going on, think it had something to do with possession but I could be wrong.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]