The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

BTCC, 4 wheels? 2 Wheels? On Water? How are the Honda teams doing?
By 11110111
I personally think the main difference is that prior years when he was known for his overtaking ability as he would often place his car in a position whereby he was force a competitor to move off the line or risk a crash, whilst at the same time losing both competitors time but choosing awkward lines to do so - I felt this was where he had made his name i.e. other drivers were not closing the gap to the extent that I would be shouting at the tv that LH was coming up and he was going to overtake, LH was legendary at putting his car in gaps that most other drivers would be afraid to use as an overtaking place

now his competitors know his routine at every opportunity (see Webber & Alonso), they are closing the gaps (both to LH and others) yet he still goes for it
By Dubbz
bornlucky1 wrote:
Dubbz wrote:He's not exactly doing terrible. Haters :stfu:
:lol:
No-ones a hater, but he has been rather, errr, off form of late, whats your thinking then?

I did tell you he was over-rated though :P

Call me a fanboy or whatever, but the FIA/Steward decisions are harsh against Hamilton, and lenient on others when something happens to him. The Vettel and Button thing yesterday, there would be uproar if Vettel was replaced by Hamilton, and a swift drive-through penalty without question. I actually thought Vettel would get a penalty for that, it was pretty bad, start grid or not I don't think that was a fair move at all.

Over a single lap, Hamilton is by far the fastest driver on the grid this year, bar Vettel. Considering the Red Bull is rapid on a single lap (especially the 1st half of the season), that's no mean feat considering Webbers in the same car as him and was no slouch last year himself.

I do agree Hamilton needs to tone down the celeb life-style a bit and get his dad back managing him and learn to take criticism in a more positive way. I have no doubt in my mind at all that Hamilton is faster than Button, things just keep happening this year, some decisions have been questionable, others could have been legendary. He's still an amazing driver...you don't retain a seat at a top team if you're sh-t, unless you want to take a fat Spanish cock in your ass every weekend.
By DANCTRs-o-t
Dubbz wrote:
bornlucky1 wrote:
Dubbz wrote:He's not exactly doing terrible. Haters :stfu:
No-ones a hater, but he has been rather, errr, off form of late, whats your thinking then?

I did tell you he was over-rated though :P

Call me a fanboy or whatever, but the FIA/Steward decisions are harsh against Hamilton, and lenient on others when something happens to him. The Vettel and Button thing yesterday, there would be uproar if Vettel was replaced by Hamilton, and a swift drive-through penalty without question. I actually thought Vettel would get a penalty for that, it was pretty bad, start grid or not I don't think that was a fair move at all.

Over a single lap, Hamilton is by far the fastest driver on the grid this year, bar Vettel. Considering the Red Bull is rapid on a single lap (especially the 1st half of the season), that's no mean feat considering Webbers in the same car as him and was no slouch last year himself.

I do agree Hamilton needs to tone down the celeb life-style a bit and get his dad back managing him and learn to take criticism in a more positive way. I have no doubt in my mind at all that Hamilton is faster than Button, things just keep happening this year, some decisions have been questionable, others could have been legendary. He's still an amazing driver...you don't retain a seat at a top team if you're sh-t, unless you want to take a fat Spanish cock in your ass every weekend.
It's no use when he's crashing into everyone else for the other 50odd though......
By mini bilko
I think his biggest problem is that he has a mentally weak mindset. Kinda like Tyson, in that, in the early days Tyson was a phenomonen and was hailed by all as being invincible..... until that is, a 2nd rate fighter beat his ass and shattered that aura! Same thing with Hamilton, he appears in F1 as the young upstart, and starts slapping Alonso about all over the shop, should've won the championship in his debut year, did it the 2nd year... then got found out by the competition and was given inferior machinery at the same time!

Hamilton's aura of being the best racer, most aggressive driver etc has been shattered. The guy's a shadow of his former self! No 'plan B' when it comes to tactics either. Most likely wont win another championship until he is 30, when Button and Alonso have retired and Vettel has fallen by the wayside..
By DANCTRs-o-t
Disliking Hamilton aside, I've said for a while now, I genuinely don't believe he'll win another championship. I think there will always be someone there from now on to beat him, either on track, with tactics, or just to be there if he makes a mistake and capitalise on it.
By Composite Guru
bornlucky1 wrote:Surprised noone has mentioned tyres, maybe his attacking nature doesn't suit the new tyres, that prefer a smoother drive?
That's why Vettel and button do so well, they know how to look after the tyres. The Ferrari having pushrods helps tyre wear too. Webber and Hamilton tend to rag the car silly so causing massive degradation.
By bornlucky1
Composite Guru wrote:
bornlucky1 wrote:Surprised noone has mentioned tyres, maybe his attacking nature doesn't suit the new tyres, that prefer a smoother drive?
That's why Vettel and button do so well, they know how to look after the tyres. The Ferrari having pushrods helps tyre wear too. Webber and Hamilton tend to rag the car silly so causing massive degradation.
And in that , i think the new tyres are bad for the sport, as we dont see drivers pushing them to their ultimate limits, and beyond sometimes.
Could they not just make some good soft tyres that wear out normally and make a complusery amount of pit stops, say two minimum? Either that or bring back refueling.
Firstly I am 100% NOT a fan of Hamilton
but
I do think on his day he is possibly the quickest and certainly one of the most exciting drivers in the current drivers line up.

So where did it all go wrong.......

Could be a number of reasons like most have already stated but the following are definate factors:
feline cat distraction?
Greedy new management who don't get F1
Lack of previous close family support
Ridiculous ear-rings! :lol:
No longer the team golden boy he once was! Look at the body language of the crew in the garage when Jenson is having a good race or Lewis having a bad day. They feel let down by him and he knows it.
Tyres? But the best out there have adapted.

Nobody would have thought that Jenson was going to out-perform Lewis at McLaren did they? In fact quite the opposite as most thought it was career suicide for Jenson! Now Jenson is the new golden boy with the new contract and for sure Lewis is going elsewhere for 2013 but where????

Still don't like him but love to watch him race (when he's not crashing!)

Chris
By bornlucky1
ABP MOTORSPORT wrote:Firstly I am 100% NOT a fan of Hamilton
but
I do think on his day he is possibly the quickest and certainly one of the most exciting drivers in the current drivers line up.

So where did it all go wrong.......

Could be a number of reasons like most have already stated but the following are definate factors:
feline cat distraction?
Greedy new management who don't get F1
Lack of previous close family support
Ridiculous ear-rings! :lol:
No longer the team golden boy he once was! Look at the body language of the crew in the garage when Jenson is having a good race or Lewis having a bad day. They feel let down by him and he knows it.
Tyres? But the best out there have adapted.

Nobody would have thought that Jenson was going to out-perform Lewis at McLaren did they? In fact quite the opposite as most thought it was career suicide for Jenson! Now Jenson is the new golden boy with the new contract and for sure Lewis is going elsewhere for 2013 but where????

Still don't like him but love to watch him race (when he's not crashing!)

Chris
red bull i reckon, mark webber wont last much longer i dont think and i've got a sneaky suspicion horner would like the team that lewis and vettel would create, it would also be very, very interesting as lewis used to to rape vettel on track regularly before F1 (as did diresta). Be good to see if its still the same or if vettels game has moved on so much that he can now consistently beat lewis, even in the same car.
By Dubbz
By the time 2013 comes, Sky will have ruined F1 anyway :badrazz:

Only a fool can honestly think that Vettel would have won as many races as he has, if he wasn't on pole to begin with.

Apart from him, Hamilton is by far the next quickest driver in qualifying. All of Hamiltons problems have happened as a result of having to make positions up. That, and a mixture of questionable FIA/Steward decisions. It's clear as day they make penalties based on previous track record with Hamilton. Shouldn't be like that, if he's had a penalty at another race, he's served the penalty. That shouldn't mean the rulebook is ignored.

You could argue that Alonso is equally as crap as Hamilton now, using the logic being applied in this thread, yet most think Alonso is one of the best/quickest drivers in F1 :roll: . Bad car = bad season, no matter who you are. Lets hope Red Bull suddenly turn crap, so we can see that pan out for Vettel.
By bornlucky1
Dubbz wrote:By the time 2013 comes, Sky will have ruined F1 anyway :badrazz:

Only a fool can honestly think that Vettel would have won as many races as he has, if he wasn't on pole to begin with.

Apart from him, Hamilton is by far the next quickest driver in qualifying. All of Hamiltons problems have happened as a result of having to make positions up. That, and a mixture of questionable FIA/Steward decisions. It's clear as day they make penalties based on previous track record with Hamilton. Shouldn't be like that, if he's had a penalty at another race, he's served the penalty. That shouldn't mean the rulebook is ignored.

You could argue that Alonso is equally as crap as Hamilton now, using the logic being applied in this thread, yet most think Alonso is one of the best/quickest drivers in F1 :roll: . Bad car = bad season, no matter who you are. Lets hope Red Bull suddenly turn crap, so we can see that pan out for Vettel.
You cant really argue that, Alonso has taken places in that car that it shouldnt be capable of, just look at massa's results this year and compare them. I think its a good year for Alonso actually considering the the car he has.

Vettel has consistently outshone Webber this year too, stamping his Authority all over red bulls garage.

Hamilton on the other hand is lagging behind Button, and its not just down to penalties (i agree that some of them are very questionable), Button has outdriven Hamilton this year imo. On a hot lap Hamilton is quicker, but theres more than one lap to a race, and with the tyres we have now Hamilton is either going to have to learn to drive smoother or consistently be losing out to people that have better tyre management. Its a crap way to win races imo, but thats the way it is now, hopefully they dont last as long as the stupid grooved tyres.
By EagleCTR
bornlucky1 wrote:
Composite Guru wrote:
And in that , i think the new tyres are bad for the sport, as we dont see drivers pushing them to their ultimate limits, and beyond sometimes.
Could they not just make some good soft tyres that wear out normally and make a complusery amount of pit stops, say two minimum? Either that or bring back refueling.
This, the new regs dont really suit Hamilton and they benefit someone like Button. Although Hamilton on occasion can make his tyres last, that hampers his instinctive attacking style. And then there is the DRS and KERS which makes overtaking that much easier for everyone. In previous seasons it seemed Hamilton was one of the few who could pull off overtaking moves due to his aggressive driving. Now everyone up and down the grid is able to do it so long as they push a couple of buttons on the steering wheel at the right time.
I dont mind KERS or DRS as who doesnt like to see more overtaking? But what I dont like is these Pirelli tyres, they are ruining quali as drivers dont want to use them up so end up sitting in their garage. We lose aggressive driving from the likes of Hamilton as they have to start pacing themselves a few laps from the start. And worst of all, halfway through the race half the track is covered by marbles which makes it look a right mess. These make going offline for an overtake a nightmare and can clog up parts of the car, as what happened with elements of Lewis's front wing in Korea resulting in him having severe understeer. Surely as well it cant be that good for Pirelli's image as a tyre maker, I mean would you want to buy a Pirelli tyre knowing that their F1 tyres disintegrate (even though its on purpose). I always thought F1 was a place for car development, it seems not for better road tyres! A lot of the overtaking is contrived as a result, much of it as well down to which driver is on the worse tyres. To my mind a better tyre would be one with maybe not as much grip but lasts 3/4 of the race so they still have to make at least 1 tyre change.
So its these 3 things that have conspired against him in the rules, before you even think about management, personal life and other pressures. He needs to go back to basics really.
By Mark83
bornlucky1 wrote: i've got a sneaky suspicion horner would like the team that lewis and vettel would create, it would also be very, very interesting as lewis used to to rape vettel on track regularly before F1 (as did diresta). Be good to see if its still the same or if vettels game has moved on so much that he can now consistently beat lewis, even in the same car.
What makes you say that? I can't imagine that pairing working somehow.
By bornlucky1
Mark83 wrote:
bornlucky1 wrote: i've got a sneaky suspicion horner would like the team that lewis and vettel would create, it would also be very, very interesting as lewis used to to rape vettel on track regularly before F1 (as did diresta). Be good to see if its still the same or if vettels game has moved on so much that he can now consistently beat lewis, even in the same car.
It's the super team, the two fastest drivers in f1, driving a red bull. Why wouldn't a team principle want that? A bit like button and Hamilton together at mclaren. Alonso will finish his career at Ferrari, so they can't have him, likewise button at mclaren.
The only thing I can say is that I don't think vettel would want Hamilton in the same car.
By dean71
bornlucky1 wrote:
Mark83 wrote:
It's the super team, the two fastest drivers in f1, driving a red bull. Why wouldn't a team principle want that? A bit like button and Hamilton together at mclaren. Alonso will finish his career at Ferrari, so they can't have him, likewise button at mclaren.
The only thing I can say is that I don't think vettel would want Hamilton in the same car.
Would be interesting to see who was the quickest, my money would be on Hamilton.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]