The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
By Rollerdan
Hi my names dan and I've recently bought a honda civic type r in night hawk black in very good condition absolutely loving the car !

I've come from the renault clio sport scene and spent a fortune on my track prepped clio 172 , was an epic little car and very capable on track. But was not practical for everyday use with it being extremely loud and very hard with the suspension setup , so I went on the hunt for a ctr :) lucky for me a local guy was selling his that he's had for 5 years and has looked after very well , heres the spec as I bought it .

Facelift model
74,000 miles
Mostly honda service history
Clutch changed by honda 3 years ago
12 month mot
4 months tax
Kenwood din head unit with garmin built in
Full professional sound install mtx speakers all round amped up .
DVD player in the ceiling
Rear privacy glass
Slight tint on front

That's pretty much it as I knew him he let it go to me for
£3,000 cash :) bargain !

Few small problems but nothing major
NSF abs sensor needed
And a tyre

Since owning it the first thing I did was give it a mini detail as the swirl marks where horrendous due to car washes
Here was the outcome .
ImageImage
Excuse the rubbish pics !

I then wanted a little noise so went for the aem v2 , loved the look and noise of this induction kit but was out of with the heat soak issue .

Also gave the engine bay a huge clean as it was filthy
Here's before and after

Recently I've sold the aem v2 on and bought a aem cold air kit instead ! No pics at the min thought

Went up my friends a while back and had a play with his skylines rota grids here's the look
Didn't have the guts to go ahead and buy them lol too much work for them to look better on the car .

But overall loving the car ticks every box and does surprise a lot of bigger cars even in standard form , I do have a list of mods I wanna do.

Aem cai . Done
Hks exhaust system
Japspeed manifold
Rbc intake manifold
Energy inserts
Then k100

Abp springs
Eibach alignment kit
Spacers
Castor increase bushes
Jdm arb

Stop tech brake discs
Ferodo 2500
Superblue fluid
Good ridge lines

Then that's basically where I want it to be then go down the cosmetic route !

Oh and a few pics of my rs clio

Thanks for looking
By *nub*
Seems like you know what doing. Although personally I'm not a fan of the HKS... Unless you like the sideways JDM look it is one of the cheaper raspy exhausts. Also you should be aware there is a risk (all be it low) of hydro locking with AEM CAI if you should drive through a deep puddle. It has happened to a few people on here, tegiwa M is more expensive but is not susceptible to this and makes the best gains.

Welcome 2 forum
By Rollerdan
Hi mate thanks for the tips , i do like the jap style kick but do think the can i a bit large , was thinking off the spoon n1 but heard that they are insanely loud . I have seen the threads about the puddle situation think il invest in a hydro sock
By Ollie milanoctr
Hey mate looks like you have got a nice tidy base to start with and good plans, loving the clio in that first pic [smilie=karls_thumb.gif] i may be biased but i definitely dont agree with what nub said about the hks, raspy yeah... cheap no. The only downfall with the hks is the can is quite large lol, and the b pipe is mild steel. Sounds and looks great, and suits the ctr well with the right mods. Imo of course :wink:
By Rollerdan
Ollie milanoctr wrote:Hey mate looks like you have got a nice tidy base to start with and good plans, loving the clio in that first pic [smilie=karls_thumb.gif] i may be biased but i definitely dont agree with what nub said about the hks, raspy yeah... cheap no. The only downfall with the hks is the can is quite large lol, and the b pipe is mild steel. Sounds and looks great, and suits the ctr well with the right mods. Imo of course :wink:
Cheers man hopefully after xmas will start adding alot more parts , one thing thats bugging me more than anything is springs , i want the abp ones but they look different heights on every car ive seen , like yours look decked in the back and slightly higher in the front or is this just the camera angle? I want a bit of rake you see like the nose down . And some ive seen have that some dont ! So dont know now really , as for the hks i love it personally my dad had
One on his impreza and was awesome wouldn't say cheap either !
By Ollie milanoctr
Rollerdan wrote:
Ollie milanoctr wrote:Hey mate looks like you have got a nice tidy base to start with and good plans, loving the clio in that first pic [smilie=karls_thumb.gif] i may be biased but i definitely dont agree with what nub said about the hks, raspy yeah... cheap no. The only downfall with the hks is the can is quite large lol, and the b pipe is mild steel. Sounds and looks great, and suits the ctr well with the right mods. Imo of course :wink:
Cheers man hopefully after xmas will start adding alot more parts , one thing thats bugging me more than anything is springs , i want the abp ones but they look different heights on every car ive seen , like yours look decked in the back and slightly higher in the front or is this just the camera angle? I want a bit of rake you see like the nose down . And some ive seen have that some dont ! So dont know now really , as for the hks i love it personally my dad had
One on his impreza and was awesome wouldn't say cheap either !
I know what you mean about the abp springs, some say that they are closer to a 50mm drop than 30mm which I can believe as I do have abit of trouble with speedbumps etc. Tbh I do think the rear is lower, well it looks it on mine. They are great springs at a decent price and dont feel much harsher than oem. :bigthumb:
By Rollerdan
Small update bought myself some abp springs and eibach camber bolts , just need the camber arms now then take it down to my work and il do a geo alignment on the hunter setup we have :) on the look for a jdm rear antiroll bar now too :) got to get this civic handling like the clio did !
By Ollie milanoctr
Hey mate sounds good, how much for an alignment :wink: still need to get some rear camber arms and get the front bolts fitted on mine. Its munching through tyres atm
By *nub*
Rollerdan wrote:Small update bought myself some abp springs and eibach camber bolts , just need the camber arms now then take it down to my work and il do a geo alignment on the hunter setup we have :) on the look for a jdm rear antiroll bar now too :) got to get this civic handling like the clio did !
look into a progress anti roll bar, I think its 27mm? and superior to JDM
By Rollerdan
Ollie milanoctr wrote:Hey mate sounds good, how much for an alignment :wink: still need to get some rear camber arms and get the front bolts fitted on mine. Its munching through tyres atm

If you live anywhere near south west wales mate pop up il do it for nothing . Cars looking sweet btw man
By Ollie milanoctr
Rollerdan wrote:
Ollie milanoctr wrote:Hey mate sounds good, how much for an alignment :wink: still need to get some rear camber arms and get the front bolts fitted on mine. Its munching through tyres atm

If you live anywhere near south west wales mate pop up il do it for nothing . Cars looking sweet btw man
I live in the east Midlands mate :sad: thanks for the kind words ! be sure to get some photos posted up when you have fitted the abp springs :bigthumb:
By Rollerdan
Was bored today so gave the interior a good clean and adjusted my handbrake as it was poor
Took a quick snap of the engine bay whilst i was checking fluids

Also these badboys turned up :)

Waiting on some camber arms now and it will all be getting setup :) cant wait!

Hopfully itl transform the handling
By Rollerdan
Update !
Sunday i tackled the task of fitting my abp springs after a few hours swearing and seized nuts and bolts in the end it all came together . The rear shock bolt was seized so the big breaker bar came out .
Love the look of the car now and the handling is awesome .
The day after in work i set my alignment up on the hunter system as i use this every day. Went for:
-1 camber
1 mm total toe

Ive had to leave the rear for now so will setup it all up again once i have my camber arms . But even now the turn in is awesome .

Also test fitted one of my evo 8 wheels

And a rubbish pic of the ep3 on the hunter ramp :)

Now the suspension is on it way to getting on how i want it il try focus on the brakes next as the pedal has a very wooden feel and hardly any feel so new pads discs and fluid will be next :)
Cheers for looking
By Ollie milanoctr
Good stuff mate, will look and handle even better when the springs drop and settle. you just need to sort that badge out on the boot :wink: getting my front camber bolts fitted sat along with two new front calipers :-x does it improve the handling with just the front camber sorted ? Was thinkin of doing the same until I have the rear arms.
By Rollerdan
Ollie milanoctr wrote:Good stuff mate, will look and handle even better when the springs drop and settle. you just need to sort that badge out on the boot :wink: getting my front camber bolts fitted sat along with two new front calipers :-x does it improve the handling with just the front camber sorted ? Was thinkin of doing the same until I have the rear arms.
Cheers mate ! Yea the type r badge is coming off all together mate ! Even with just the front done the handling is drastically improved and the feel is alot better too !
By Rollerdan
Updates :)
Havnt been to active on here with updates recently not alot has gone on really :/ but purchased a skunk2 gearknob :) love yhe difference its made gear changes are nice and precise now .

Gave the car a good clean today as its not been cleaned in about 3 weeks !

Few rubbish pics

Looks awesome on these springs sits perfect and rides much better than standard .

Got a hid kit for xmas so il be fitting that once my h1 olders arrive , went with 4,300k .

Then next on the list is camber arms and a sportex b pipe :)

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]