The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Its Whats Inside That Counts...
    I've been looking at dc2/ ek9 recaros for my ep3, ( i know they aren't a straight fit) does anyone know what kind of realistic price they go for as ive seen them go anything from 400- 600+ quid depending on condition, who has bought a set and what price did you pay? I'm thinking 400-450 for a good condition set seems reasonable. dc5 recaros were my first choice but are stupidly expensive. ..
    Last edited by Ollie milanoctr on Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Ollie milanoctr wrote:Ok thats brilliant thanks for the help buddy, I'll take a look on the ek9 owner's forum [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

No worries mate. I'm after a set too, think they are the best seats Honda ever put in a car. Gutted that the ep3 never got a set as standard.
    Just picked up some EK9 Recaros and rails for £375, sold the EK9 rails for £150 so got the seats for £215

£335 for the EK9 Recaros and DC5 rails to fit my car all in mate, theres a set that I think will go cheap on ebay that have 2 days left, currently on £8.50 lol
    Ollie milanoctr wrote:
    Dean_S wrote:You want fn2 seats :P
    Fn2 seats are awesome didn't realise just how well they hold you in till I had a sit in yours last week !
    They weigh three bajillion tons.

I have dc/ek seats. Paid 400. You can use your oe seat rails with an additional hole drilled. Easy peasy.
    I picked some black dc2 recaros up over the weekend and need to go about sorting some rails for them, im abit confused as to whether you can use OEM ep3 seat rails or not, as a few people have said they are welded on? Or do the mean the angled brackets on the rails are welded on ? :vconf: :lol:
    Ollie milanoctr wrote:I picked some black dc2 recaros up over the weekend and need to go about sorting some rails for them, im abit confused as to whether you can use OEM ep3 seat rails or not, as a few people have said they are welded on? Or do the mean the angled brackets on the rails are welded on ? :vconf: :lol:
    You can't use standard rails mate they're attached to the seats, you can use some DC5 rails like me, or get some rails from an EP3 that came with recaros as standard, going price for a set of rails is roughly £150ish :)
    dan11219 wrote:
    Ollie milanoctr wrote:I picked some black dc2 recaros up over the weekend and need to go about sorting some rails for them, im abit confused as to whether you can use OEM ep3 seat rails or not, as a few people have said they are welded on? Or do the mean the angled brackets on the rails are welded on ? :vconf: :lol:
    You can't use standard rails mate they're attached to the seats, you can use some DC5 rails like me, or get some rails from an EP3 that came with recaros as standard, going price for a set of rails is roughly £150ish :)

That's what I thought, but ND1989 said he simply drilled an additional hole on his oem rails, thats what confused me a little :-| Im currently watching some anniversary rails on ebay

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]