The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Mind Over Matter...
By Bert
I haven't used my civic in a few months so the battery was flat when I tried starting it. Tried charging the battery but no joy so bought a new Bosch S4.

Problem I have is as soon as I connect the battery the alarm goes off and will not stop. The car will start but the siren keeps going off, the horn doesn't sound.

The key fob does not open the car but the red light shows on the fob so it's working.

Any ideas guys, I'm struggling?
By J
Is it a honda? civic? if so what flavour.

Aftermarket alarm or oem.
By Bert
J wrote:Is it a honda? civic? if so what flavour.

Aftermarket alarm or oem.
Yeh sorry might help.

04 plate EP3

OEM alarm
By Bert
Ok made a bit of progress, found this on another post and it has stopped the alarm:-

Enter the car, and close all doors.

Each of the following steps must be completed within five seconds of completing the previous step. If you take longer or make a mistake, start the entire procedure over again.

Insert the key into the ignition, and hold one remote in your left hand. Whenever the instructions say to press the LOCK button, you should press the lock button on the remote for about a second and then release it.

Perform each of the following three steps in order, then repeat all three steps two more times, for a total of three times each:

1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position, marked II.
2. Press the LOCK button.
3. Turn the ignition switch to the Off position, marked I.

Do this three times!

Next, turn the ignition switch to the ON position I) for a fourth time.

Press the LOCK button again. The door locks should now make a cycling sound, indicating that the system has entered Programming Mode.

Press the LOCK button one more time to program this remote. If you have other remotes to program, press the LOCK button on each one in turn. The door locks should make the cycling sound after you press LOCK on each remote. You may program up to three remotes, and they must all be programmed within ten seconds of each other.

Turn the ignition off and remove the key. The remotes are now programmed and may be tested.

The problem I now have is the key fob seems to lose sync with the car. As soon as I lock the car using the fob it dosent work again and I have open the car with the key and then the alarm goes off again :scratch:
By Civic_b0y
Umm may be same problem I had I tried everything..

New battery new keys etc in end turned out was the receiver.

Maybe try a new one see how you get on?
By Bert
Civic_b0y wrote:Umm may be same problem I had I tried everything..

New battery new keys etc in end turned out was the receiver.

Maybe try a new one see how you get on?

How much did a new receiver set you back and did you get it fitted by a dealership?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]