The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Down A Bit, Down A Bit, That's It...
By Lukekelly
Hi all,

I want to improve the handling of my car without lowering as I won't be able to get up my road due to the fact I can only just get over the speed bump on it as it is.

I'm guessing my options are stiffer, same height, springs and strut braces.

I was just wondering if anyone on here has experience with any parts in these categories or can recommend anything?

Thanks

Luke
By shaRRpy
Not sure if you can get stiffer springs for oem height but you could always get coilovers and have them set to an exact height.also a thicker rear arb and front camber bolts and adjustable rear camber arms so that you can get a decent set up.you could also polybush the car.
By Lewisgame
As above I don't think you'll get stiffer springs at the same height. Possibly get uprated shocks from Bilstein that work with the standard ride height. Get some camber bolts and adjustable rear arms, JDM rear anti roll bar and a good set up.
By MeisterR
Lukekelly wrote:Hi all,

I want to improve the handling of my car without lowering as I won't be able to get up my road due to the fact I can only just get over the speed bump on it as it is.

I was just wondering if anyone on here has experience with any parts in these categories or can recommend anything?

Thanks

Luke
If you are really interested, it is possible to custom build a coilovers like that.
In most case the front is fine on the EP3, it is the rear that is troublesome.

So to get a kit as above it will require different core unit, but certainly possible if that is wanted.

Jerrick
By 03NHBtypeR
How much would a custom setup like that cost and what would need to be changed? Whats the minimum recommend drop on Meisters? Up until now I have run Koni shocks on standard springs and it seems to work well but I've now broken my 2nd set of front shocks in as many years so I won't be purchasing them ever again. Need a new setup but don't want to go too low! Even eibach pro kit pissed me off and that's the lowest drop I could find
By Danny_J
Lukekelly wrote:Hi all,

Thanks

Luke
Basically the exact same issues as me! My car was originally on ABP eibach springs but had to remove as it was too low and couldn't get down my road either! Live near quite a rural road so huge potholes everywhere. AFAIK there no springs or coilovers that can accomodate for better handling on same ride height? Would love to know if there was options out there however!
By MeisterR
03NHBtypeR wrote:How much would a custom setup like that cost and what would need to be changed? Whats the minimum recommend drop on Meisters? Up until now I have run Koni shocks on standard springs and it seems to work well but I've now broken my 2nd set of front shocks in as many years so I won't be purchasing them ever again. Need a new setup but don't want to go too low! Even eibach pro kit pissed me off and that's the lowest drop I could find
Drop us an E-mail at [email protected]

In theory we can make the adjustable suspension as taller than standard if we want to.
It does depends on what you are after, we have a lot of option to choose from.

Depending on what we need, a custom setup maybe around £850 or so.
All the way up to £1800 if you want depending on the quality you are after.

Jerrick

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]