The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Bhp or Beefy Sounds...
By solid-fab
Yes some they can sometimes expand a fair amount due to high temp. We have changed them so they sit further back to compensate for this expansion.

Also it needs a fairly large box to really keep the noise levels down. Anything smaller and it really is too loud imo.
By Lewisgame
solid-fab wrote:Yes some they can sometimes expand a fair amount due to high temp. We have changed them so they sit further back to compensate for this expansion.

Also it needs a fairly large box to really keep the noise levels down. Anything smaller and it really is too loud imo.
It took me a few days to figure it out. It would only hit when driving hard, by the time I stopped it would cool down and not be hitting. Pretty much had to drive it hard, pull over and run round and get under the bumper to see it hitting :lol: Amazing how much the system expands. It was a very simple modification to the rear beam to get the clearance. I'd rather have to do this small modification over fitting a smaller box and have it too loud.
By baddohc
I have had no issues with my exhaust hitting, rubbing it knocking.

I done a 300 miles round trip to get it fitted by Alan by himself. He made sure that the system was fitted beautifully and even changed part of a piece of my manifold.

If a company has to smear another place, it goes to show that their own work is not up to standard.

I am sure anyone who gets an exhaust from Alan will have no complaints. The quality of the item is extremely good. From the words of a certain Honda tuner in a French accent "I always recommend solid fabrications to customers and wouldn't go elsewhere" ...

Il put up a video of my exhaust
By w6ady
Sorry for hijacking this thread but if you changed to a 3" system from another aftermarket one at the normal 2.5" will the car be ok without a mapping tweak? Or would I be risking damage ie running lean etc.
By w6ady
Thanks nub that was the answer I was hoping for! :lol: got a solid fab 3" sat at my house. Was going wait till I get some cams thrown in to fit it but want to check it all fits ok before I go for them and mapping. Hopefully it's going to be a bit quieter than my current exhaust.
By AdamB92
I've got a 3" super silent system on the way to me from Alan, hoping to have it tomorrow. Will post some pics up in my progress thread once its here.
By w6ady
yes it's a 3" super silent with titanium tip. Both back box and middle box are massive compared to what I have at the moment. Currently I run a m2 buddyclub style backbox and a r8byb silenced mid pipe.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]