The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Bhp or Beefy Sounds...
By JPS3290
Yes, exhausts again! :)

Im looking for one so i can purchase it come the spring but just cant decide what. Not a great lot of choice anyway.

I'm quite keen on keeping the standard look of twin round pipes which i think the CTR suits.

So, any idea's? Any websites that sell exhausts for the CTR i may of missed?

So far its between the Magnex twin round slash that they do for £330 inc VAT or the H&S system which is £450 + VAT.

The Supersprint system may be ok, bringing out another rear exit that may have twin rounds. Ive fired off an email enquiring about it.

On the other hand, what about having a custom job done? Had a powerflow/longlife one on my previous car for 1 1/2yrs with no problems. Quality was excellant and only cost £220 for the cat back system back then.

Discuss
By HyacinthBucket
I say go for H&S (but then I would!). I've had both and H&S is definately the way forward. Umbeatable soundtrack and build quality.
By NIKKI P
Devil have brought a twin rear box out which will look similar to the standard but I think the H&S is the one to go for :wink:
By Wheelyking
The Trust Mx works wel and sounds great, only problem is it takes 5 weeks on the boat to arrive from japan, and looks like an elephants gussett!! 5"

Al.
By Wheelyking
fraid not

al
By JPS3290
GO to http://babelfish.altavista.com/ and paste the URL in then select Japanese to English.
Its not brilliant but gives u a better idea.
By Type-Robbo
I agree with John, I want either the Magnex one or H&S but both way to expensive. Also Magnex are notorious for quality...

This new Devil one looks good...

And £250 isn't toooooo bad?
By JPS3290
Do magnex do a straight through middle section or not?

Been phoning around and the few people who actually know Magnex now do the system for the CTR all say it includes a middle silencer.

Im sure someone on here has a magnex and said they had the middle silencer replaced with a straight through pipe??

Magnex back box is £180 inc VAT. May get the back box and get a custom centre section made up.
By JPS3290
Universal syste, but i really like this.

http://www.usa-ss.com/002-singletip/ss05.htm

Highly Polished 304 Stainless Steel
3.5" (8.89cm) diameter dual tips
8" (20.32cm) Tip length
14" (35.56cm) Case length
5" (12.7cm) x 9" (22.86cm) Case
2.25" (5.72cm) Inlet

£179 inc of VAT and delivery.

Would probably need some custom pipework to make it fit though.
By Type-Robbo
:shock:

£180?? Is that for big oval one? Thought it was £330??

That looks nice too, but be worrried about length/having to cut standard pipes/bodywork etc
By JPS3290
Rob, the Magnex back box alone is £180 for either the Oval or the Twin round one. The Cat back system is £330. If you join Honda-R (boo-hiss-boo lol) and order through http://www.needforspeed.co.uk you can get 10% off that.

Im just about to phone H&S for some more info on there system. Tail pipes etc.
By JPS3290
Just off the phone from H&S. They got a 4-5 week waiting list for the exhausts. Can have single or twin pipes. Includes a centre silencer cos he said without one its too loud. Still expensive even with 10% dicount though. £405 + VAT + £20 delivery + 3.5% surcharge for using a credit card!

Think im going go for the Magnex system. Should be loud enough and is S/S so its going last me 3-4 years.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]