The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK2 (2015 onwards)
By Idrees
I've just skimmed through the 99 page thread but see no mention of confirmed prices.

I've just had a quote through. £29,995 for a base spec, or £32,995 with the GT pack which consists of the following:

•Red highlights to the front and rear splitters
•Honda CONNECT with integrated Garmin satellite navigation
•Front and rear parking sensors
•Dusk sensing headlamps
•Rain sensing automatic wipers
•Electric folding door mirrors
•Eight speaker, 320 watt stereo system
•Dual zone climate control

So it's basically the same price as an S3 or Golf R.
By EvoStu
Idrees wrote:I've just skimmed through the 99 page thread but see no mention of confirmed prices.

I've just had a quote through. £29,995 for a base spec, or £32,995 with the GT pack which consists of the following:

•Red highlights to the front and rear splitters
•Honda CONNECT with integrated Garmin satellite navigation
•Front and rear parking sensors
•Dusk sensing headlamps
•Rain sensing automatic wipers
•Electric folding door mirrors
•Eight speaker, 320 watt stereo system
•Dual zone climate control

So it's basically the same price as an S3 or Golf R.
Not really. Have you priced up either the S3 or Golf R with the same spec? :LOL:
By kingofdbrits
EvoStu wrote:
Not really. Have you priced up either the S3 or Golf R with the same spec? :LOL:
Yes, i've been looking at new cars recently and there are good deals about right now, no idea what Honda may be offering but they need to slash a good few £k's from list to match the equivelant S3/Golf R. I was getting tastefully spec'd VAG quotes in the £29-31k range, that's full leather, pro navs etc...
Though from initial reviews, the CTR will be worth the extra £'s.
By EvoStu
kingofdbrits wrote:
EvoStu wrote:
Not really. Have you priced up either the S3 or Golf R with the same spec? [emoji38]
Yes, i've been looking at new cars recently and there are good deals about right now, no idea what Honda may be offering but they need to slash a good few £k's from list to match the equivelant S3/Golf R. I was getting tastefully spec'd VAG quotes in the £29-31k range, that's full leather, pro navs etc...
Though from initial reviews, the CTR will be worth the extra £'s.
The new CTR makes a mockery of both of them in the fun stakes. The GT model also has the fully adaptive suspension as standard remember, a very expensive option on most cars that offer it. Only benefit for the VAG cars is obviously AWD.
By VTEC77
After around 6 weeks of ownership of my S3 I can safely say that I made the right choice for me. It is the perfect blend of performance (0-60 in 4.8 when needed and have seen 42mpg with a steady 32mpg day to day), subtle styling, 4 wheel drive when needed and totally solid build quality. Am loving every minute am in it.

You pays your money, you make your choice :P
By JD14
I am in the market for a new car and have been looking at the CTR, Golf R S3 etc and the PCP payments on the Type R are coming in ridiculously high
By Mic4as
Well I don`t think so. You can buy CTR in Gt spec 32,295. If you match that spec with Golf R or S3 the price will easily exceed 34k so the PCP payments will be higher .
By smartie
JD14 wrote:I am in the market for a new car and have been looking at the CTR, Golf R S3 etc and the PCP payments on the Type R are coming in ridiculously high
Newer car, not many around yet, probably has a much higher depreciation than those cars.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]