The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK2 (2015 onwards)
alisdairm wrote:VTEC77- What the delivery time on the S3?
Was originally told July/August but now looking at early June for the S3 mate :bigthumb: The dealerships have existing orders staggered throughout the year in the works to go straight into showrooms. They can tweek those orders to suit new customers most of the time.

Seriously cant wait for mine to arrive, was totally sold on the performance coupled with the finish and the stealth appearace :WOOT :WOOT :WOOT
No red 'H' or 'Type R' anywhere on the car?
Did the original concept (of the Geneva car) have any of the above?
As Evostance noted it might be an April fool (although its reported in a few USA sites) or be a lower spec engined Civic Coupe, to compete against the GT86?
Its not an Aprils fool as its been mentioned. This is part of Honda's global platform programme. This coupe will be primarily for the US market, but using the same global platform such as engines and running gear etc as our home grown models.

The biggest news is that Honda will export the Type R to the US.
EvoStu wrote:Its not an Aprils fool as its been mentioned. This is part of Honda's global platform programme. This coupe will be primarily for the US market, but using the same global platform such as engines and running gear etc as our home grown models.

Which Type R? This FK2 one, or a new 10G based on the new platform?
Eurogreg wrote:
EvoStu wrote:Its not an Aprils fool as its been mentioned. This is part of Honda's global platform programme. This coupe will be primarily for the US market, but using the same global platform such as engines and running gear etc as our home grown models.

Which Type R? This FK2 one, or a new 10G based on the new platform?
The FK2.

The new coupe is getting a 1.5 turbo.
EvoStu wrote:
smartie wrote:Black wheels, 5 years after the fad ended.
Must admit, I despise black wheels on cars. I'd have them sprayed silver.

I like the shadow chrome effect on wheels.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]