The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R EK9 and EP3
By shaRRpy
Yeah he nearly lost it at some point on each lap that's why I kept my distance and let the gti past,I don't like it when it all gets messy and people start taking risks.it was inevitable.
By SeanEP3
That was terrible driving by the saxo!
By bluntcap
SeanEP3 wrote:how much you pay for the teins Blunt? Im tempted to change soon myself.

Car looks Great, glad to see its still being used correctly.

Sean
They retail at £1495 I think, but I got mine for £1300. Brilliant coilovers, so sturdy. Never going for Taiwanese
coilovers ever again, no matter what company put their name to them. The street flex are specifically designed for Uk roads with extra rust protection paint etc etc.

shaRRpy wrote:
bluntcap wrote:Nothing at the moment bud, well I did just have some new Tein Street flex coilovers fitted what an amazing difference, never buying any XYZ, BC etc etc coilovers ever again, pure dung all from the same factory in Taiwan. Plus some general work to the car, undersealed, 4 new tyres etc etc. Just enjoying it, if an opportunity for a private track day pops up I'd definitely do it again. Looking to the future though....still can't get Evos out of my head :lol:

New teins! Nice ,what's the spring rate on those.what tyres did you go with the contis? Think you should come and do a track day over here with us next year :-D
Buy an evo as a 2nd car run it for 6 months then sell.get your money back and you've done the evo thing.
Not sure on the spring rates to be honest, I'm not too bothered what they are, they're more comfortable than my last coilovers. Yea on with Conti Sport 5's all round and a LSD, grip city :lol: A £100 track day in England would cost me close to £6-800 probably including ferry's & petrol etc :lol:

Evo will be the family car mate/daily driver :cool: just like my civic is....well civic isn't a family car it's just my daily, but the extra doors on the Evo and big boot will be perfect for when my daughter grows up and we have a some more kids. Oh and not to mention tuning it to 400bhp for my own personal enjoyment :twisted:
By SeanEP3
Still quite expensive, although you get what you pay for. Had teins only last ep3, could fault them.
By bluntcap
SeanEP3 wrote:Still quite expensive, although you get what you pay for. Had teins only last ep3, could fault them.
You get what you pay for is the key saying, the ONLY part on my car that I have had to replace (due to them basically failing) in the last 7 years has been my coilovers and they where the only non genuine/original item on my car.
By shaRRpy
That's the thing with coilovers they just don't seem to be reliable especially when used mostly on our crap roads.thats why the new meisters seem good with a lifetime warranty,although not cheap would probably work out better in the long run.

Blunty What evo takes your fancy,I don't think a 400 bhp one would be enough of a difference to your jrsc to put a smile on your face,grip and off the line acceleration yes but from a 2nd gear rolling I don't think there would be a massive difference.

Would it really cost that much to get over here for a trackday.surely ferry,hotel and fuel wouldn't be £400.but then again I've never done it so I have no idea.lol
By bluntcap
An Evo IX GT in white....oh mummy. So much want :lol: I reckon an Evo with that BHP would be plenty fun over my civic. I love the wee civic but would also really enjoy a change. I have never owned a turbo car or a car with anything other than FWD so it has other attractions than just pure speed. The civic is very capable but at the same time I certainly don't use it to its full potential.

The Misters sound a good option, especially the life time warranty. A proper set of coilovers feels so much different.
By RSFN2GT
bluntcap wrote:An Evo IX GT in white....oh mummy. So much want :lol: I reckon an Evo with that BHP would be plenty fun over my civic. I love the wee civic but would also really enjoy a change. I have never owned a turbo car or a car with anything other than FWD so it has other attractions than just pure speed. The civic is very capable but at the same time I certainly don't use it to its full potential.

The Misters sound a good option, especially the life time warranty. A proper set of coilovers feels so much different.
Saw this one the other day

By shaRRpy
Yeah I see your point with the evo,the 9 does look the business,I've had 3 ep3's now over a 10 year period and I do look at other cars like evos and particularly e92 m3's but it's just the running costs and if anything goes wrong it's mega money.at least with the jrsc if anything goes wrong it's not that expensive and it's always fun to surprise so called bigger and better cars.but gotta move on at some point.

Nice evo in the pic,a typical day on British roads.roadworks and s##t weather. :lol:
By bluntcap
shaRRpy wrote:Yeah I see your point with the evo,the 9 does look the business,I've had 3 ep3's now over a 10 year period and I do look at other cars like evos and particularly e92 m3's but it's just the running costs and if anything goes wrong it's mega money.at least with the jrsc if anything goes wrong it's not that expensive and it's always fun to surprise so called bigger and better cars.but gotta move on at some point.

Nice evo in the pic,a typical day on British roads.roadworks and s##t weather. :lol:
Running costs are certainly higher but I do 12 miles a day (6 to work and 6 back) then add in a few nights at football training etc I really don't do that many miles, so the 20 mpg isn't going to be a real killer plus the EP3 is at about 25mpg at the moment so not a huge difference. M3s are nice but don't do too much for me. Mind you in all years with the civic I've never had one mechanical fault such a brilliant wee car for reliability as long as you take car of them. But from what I'm told Evos are very reliable as well, as long as you don't try silly bhp on standard internals. One of those things, if I still have the civic for a few years I certainly wouldn't be complaining :lol:
By shaRRpy
gatecrasher3 wrote:Interesting read.

What grade Millers did you go for? I can't make it out in the photo.
5w 40,the same as I used to use with the Fuchs race pro s.the millers is only a few quid more.
By shaRRpy
The toda has slowly developed a rattle so I decided to take it apart and have a look as I dreaded it might be the baffle pipe corroded.so drilled out the old rivets.

Alot of packing from the rear was missing and what was left didn't look to healthy.

Like something the cat dragged in. :smile:

Thankfully the baffle pipe was all good and solid.the rattling was coming from some loose rivets.

So I bought some new packing in sheet form which expands with the heat to fill all gaps.

All put back together with new rivets.sounds more solid now and no rattles and with the fresh packing sounds a little quieter at cruising speeds,but not alot with a stripped out car :lol:

By shaRRpy
Did a trackday at silverstone with a few mates last week.1st time I've been round there and thought it was awesome,weather was spot on too.

IMG IMG thumbImage

Got a few more pics but as usual photobucket not playing ball,so I'll add some later.
By SeanEP3
agreed. don't get bored of seeing it!
By shaRRpy
bluntcap wrote:Love this car, still looking so fresh :bigthumb:
SeanEP3 wrote:agreed. don't get bored of seeing it!
FunkyRemix wrote:Top CTR, moar pics needed :cool:
R'ash wrote:Looking good as always :cooldude: agreed more pics needed!
Cheers fella's :bigthumb:

1st try with my new gopro that the Mrs bought me for Xmas,very good quality but it takes forever to download in high resolution especially when doin it through the app as the Internet connection is never that stable.how does anyone else get on with there's ? and the battery is pretty crap too.
Here's a short session that ended because the broken down mx5 had to be recovered.not that exciting but I never think watching track day vids is that great unless your involved or something happens.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]